From December 2017 anyone signing a new tenancy for a private let will sign the new Private Residential Tenancy, all landlord and tenant disputes will be heard in a new specialist tribunal and from January 2018 all letting agents will be required to register and adhere to a code of practice. To support your understanding of these reforms , as part of Shelter Scotland's partnership with the Scottish Government to raise awareness of the new Private Residential Tenancy, we have produced free learning resources to support your understanding of this tenancy and the Private Rented Sector.
Becoming a landlord in the private sector can appear quite daunting with decisions to be made around tenancy type, contracts, inventories, repairs and rent collection to name but a few.We have developed this course to help landlords navigate the maze of information on private tenancies. It will help you to identify the responsibilities of both landlords and tenants and to review suggestions of how to improve these tenancies.
This course consists of 3 modules - Preparing your Property to Let, Managing your Tenancy and Ending your Tenancy. All three modules contain knowledge checks to review your learning.
Who is course for
- Private landlords who rent out property in this sector and are looking to update their knowledge
- Individuals thinking about renting out property in the private rented sector in the future and have no experience of being a landlord
- Identify the best type of private rented sector tenancy for you and your tenants
- Understand your rights and responsibilities as a Private Landlord
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of your tenants
- Be able to start and end a private rented sector tenancy