This course will provide you with the knowledge and capability to work with individuals to support them to make informed and sustainable self-directed support choices. It will look at the issues around housing, homelessness, housing options and how self-directed support can be applied to these areas. It will also explore how organisations are adapting to accommodate SDS legislation.
The course consists of 4 modules.
Who the course is for
- Housing Support Practitioners
- Frontline workers who wish to learn more about SDS
On completion of this course , you will be able to
- Develop a better understanding of the interrelationship between self-directed support and housing
- Explain the key stages of the SDS pathway and the four options to users of housing support services
- Incorporate the core values, statutory and good practice principles of SDS in day to day service delivery
- Identify potential barriers to using SDS for service users who may be in crisis situations, statutorily homeless or in other insecure situations
- Promote individuals accessing SDS for on-going support needs
If you have a voucher code please ensure you use it when booking your place(s) on the course.